Saturday, September 6, 2008

Scrap quilts





I've decided to start a scrap quilt even though I'm still quilting the wedding quilt on the frame and I'm hoping to finish this week. One of the quilts I quilted this year was a scrap Stacked


Bricks quilt. I made the top (the


pattern is from Scrap Bonanza by Linda Halpin) several years ago.




I hand quilted it because I've been waiting for the right quilt for this border pattern for a long time and wanted to savor quilting it. I thought about quilting the parallel lines on the stacked bricks by machine but then I would have had to baste the quilt. The quilting patttern is from Pepper Cory's Quilting Patterns from Antique Quilts. I think its out of print but if you can get a copy, do.


Here's a close up of some the wacky flowers in this quilt pattern and the next pix will show the chicken (maybe its a rooster). I centered the rooster on all four borders and the flowers/vine flowed around him/her/it.

5 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Wow, that quilt sure is a show stopper!

Unknown said...

Love love love your quilts!
I wish I had the time and the energy to do some quilting, but Naomi is all I have time for.

Shiri Klarfeld

Eileen said...

This is delightful! Your stitches are so tiny and even. Beautiful! I want to see more. :-)
So glad to have found your blog! I'm adding you to my reader.

Brenda said...

Love that cute rooster. I'm working on a quilt now, almost finished, you have given me some ideas.

Pepper Cory said...

Hi Miri-I'm delighted that you used the rooster design on your quilt's border! I think of him as 'king chicken!'
Pepper