Friday, September 24, 2010

An embroidery needlecase or Huswif

No, this isn't a little purse...its a huswif. It's perfect for embroidery with two pockets, one for floss and the other is large enough for a 6" x 6" square ruler (perfect for helping center designs for transfer) plus a little scissor pocket and a needle holder-both from felt. The design of the case is from Kaaren at The Painted Quilt-you can find it out here. (BTW, she's having a Go Giveaway that just started today!)

I changed the embroidery designs inside...(and I made it an inch wider at 8")

I went for a vintage sewing theme...I do love this little kitty...
and how could I not use this little girl doing embroidery!!!
I finally have something a lot nicer than a zip lock bag to keep my embroidery floss in while I'm working! :) I've always wanted a huswuf-makes me feel like I'm linked to a long line of sewers!

I'm linking to Finished for Friday at Lit and Laundry. Stop by and see this week's wonderful finishes.

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the little red work kitten
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Ulla said...

This is a lovely idea for gifts too! The little girl embroidery is irresistible.

Wendy said...

Oh this is lovely, the stitchery is so neat! Thanks for dropping by my blog, I do love visitors. I didn't mean to imply that stitching is quick or easy (it took me all week and the lazy daisies nearly made me cry!), I meant that as I'm such a novice sewist, the idea of making a cushion terrifies me!! If you've got any tips, I'd be happy to hear them!

Roslyn said...

I need to make something to carry my handwork in other than a Ziplock Miri. I could simply enlarge the design to whatever I need!
Thanks for posting the link!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Simply gorgeous, Miri! You will enjoy using this for a long time.

Barb said...

So fun....love the stitchery.

Micki said...

I love all of the stitchery esp. the kitty!
Micki

jednoiglec said...

I love vintage theme and this kitty is absolutely gorgeous!

Patty said...

I just passed out from the cuteness of this!

jan said...

Hi Miri! I am trying to catch up on my pre-move pastimes! I laughed at your ziploc comment! That is my usual mode of portable stitching! I love the redwork! What a cute idea!