Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Scrap Mania Quilt Completed

I finally finished machine quilting my Scrap Mania quilt! I can't believe how long ago I basted this. It has been so hot and the air conditioning doesn't cool my sewing room very well so I've been very slow about quilting! I'd work for a bit and then run out of the room grumbling about how hot I was....it took me two days just to machine sew the binding on! that's how little patience I have with being hot!

(I sewed the top last fall, September 2008).


I used this wonderful toile that I got in Amsterdam several years ago...I just love this fabric and was waiting for the perfect quilt for it. It was just a little bit smaller than the top so I added a "border" all around-I think it looks pretty good: a two sided quilt! The border fabric isn't quite as white as in the pix-more a very good match to the yellowy beige background of the toile.

Here's the quilt folded up and hung on the side of an easy chair...all ready for a cuddle!






17 comments:

Bea said...

It's just beautiful! :)bea

Barb said...

I agree with Bea, that is beautiful...what an accomplishment!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the scrap quilt!! I really need to get busy on my pineapple scrap quilt again I do love working with scraps but have been too busy with the Christmas quilt.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

...so beautiful.

Was this one made for someone in mind?

Julia said...

It's just beautiful! I love scrap quilts..
That backing is just perfect..
Julia ♥

Lee D said...

Great job Miri. Love scrape quilts. Hopefully it will cool down so you can cuddle in it.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Miri, that turned out really pretty. And I love the toile for backing. I'm right there with you about the heat. It's hot here, too, and it just takes away all desire to do much of anything. bummer.

Coloradolady said...

I really like this quilt. What are the size of the finished blocks? You know I am a newbie...would finished 6 in. blocks work for this quilt? I really like the pattern and the scrappy look.

I am trying to finish up my first quilt, hopefully be Friday I can post the finished top. I made a few changes, (on my own) and hope they look ok.

Ulla said...

Scrappy quilts are my favourite, and this one is beautiful. The backing solution works fine!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Outstanding quilt and really lovely backing

Susan said...

Scrappies are my favorite and this is gorgeous. I absolutely love the backing. I bet you'll be snuggling up with it (after the heat wave of course).

Micki said...

It's beautiful Miri!
You did a wonderful job on it!
Micki

M. Regina said...

Wow, what wonderful work have you done! Fantastic. Congratulations, hugs from Brasil

Betty said...

Oh Wow! Your quilt is gorgeous and I love the backing fabric!

Carrie P. said...

Your quilt is beautiful.

Neabear said...

I hate being hot too! Add the hot flashes to that and it gets worse!! I love your finished quilt. Looks great on the chair ready to use. Makes you look forward to the cooler days I bet. :-)

karen said...

I love the colors in this quilt! I see there are 9 patches, and rail fence type blocks, is there any particular sizes that you cut for this quilt top? or even better, is it a pattern I can look up on the internet to print out?
I am a relatively new quilter , so just seeing your work inspires me to want to do this pattern.. SOOO Pretty!!
karen
http://www.karensthreadsofhope.blogspot.com