Friday, July 15, 2011

Embroidered mystery quilt is quilted!

Here it is: finished! I just put in the last few stitches on the white binding-I'm so glad this is completed! Hand embroidery and machine quilting team up quite well!Here's a close up of one of the baskets and the diagonal curvy lines I quilted through the embroideries.
Here you can see the wandering vine with leaves I quilted in the large white areas and
the small vine with leaves and larger flowers I machine quilted in the smaller isolated white areas
The center embroidered block shows how the curvy lines meet in the middle.
Here's the quilt-folded on a chair and showing the white binding outside the black border.
I'm linking up with Sarah's Can I get a Whoop-Whoop today. Hop on over and see the wonderful things on view.

12 comments:

greelyrita said...

That's sure a lovely quilt. Great job on the quilting too! White binding - brave you are!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your mystery quilt!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a beautiful job you've done, Miri! It is really lovely.

Paulette said...

It's just GORGEOUS!! I was looking for this quilt on your blog the other day, as I may be quilting a charity quilt that has embroidered squares and wondered how it could be done. So nice to see it all completed. Your quilting is perfect for it!

Lynette said...

Wow - This is *really* neat. Whoop! Whoop!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a fantastic quilt - love when stitchery meets piecing meets quilting - just gorgeous!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great combination of needle work!! love it.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Desley said...

I like the wavy lines that you quilted, especially in the centre. Beautiful quilt.

Karen said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your color choices! Beautiful work!
WHOOP!

Sarah Craig said...

Such a beautiful quilt! And you took such care with your quilting - it really shows and enhances the entire quilt!! Whoop whoop!!

Carrie P. said...

I really like this quilt a lot. Very pretty.