Monday, March 23, 2009

Recipe: Blondies or Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

We had week-end guests (its wildflower viewing time here) and with all the cleaning and cooking (when I really wanted to be machine quilting :) I decided to make an easy and always good dessert: blondies-a family favorite.

I love self-rising flour-it gives all the ease of a mix and "from scratch" taste! With self-rising flour this recipe has only 5 ingredients! but I know alot of people don't share my enthusiasm so I'm including both ways to make these bar cookies.

Blondies-Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C

1 egg
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour or 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour + 1 teaspoon baking powder +
1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix all of the above ingredients. When completely mixed add: 1 cup chocolate chips and
mix.

Spread in ungreased 8" square pan and bake 25 minutes. Cut while warm.

Mmmm...these are really good-chewy and chock full of chocolate chips. (Good thing I thought to take a picture because the double-batch I made on Friday (I used a 9" x 13" pan) are all gone!

6 comments:

Eileen said...

ooo.. I make these all the time. They are a family favorite!

Susan said...

Wildflowers and Chocolate Chip cookie bars, both are my favorites. You must give us a picture of the flowers too. Please.

Bea said...

I love these brownies. Actually, I love anything I bake which shows if you notice my traditionally built figure. We're still waiting patiently for spring and wildflowers. It's rainy and chilly and still brown. I would love to have tea with you and sit and eat your brownies. sigh..... :)wishfulbea

The Calico Cat said...

Thanks for sharing - I often wondered how to do bars...

Micki said...

I will have to make these one day as I love chocolate!
Micki

Eli said...

Stop it Mom, you're killing me here!