I made these delicious chocolate chocolate chip cookies on Friday and this all that is left! They were that good and easy to make too so I thought I'd share the recipe.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C.
1. Cream together 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup butter and 1/3 cup oil.
2. Add 1 egg and mix well.
3. Add 1/3 cup milk and1 teaspoon vanilla and mix.
4 Add dry ingredients: 1/2 cup cocoa, 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix well.
5. Add 1 cup chocolate chips and mix.
6. This is a fairly wet mix so I used two spoons to "plop" about half a tablespoon of batter onto a paper lined cookie sheet-about 1 1/2"-2" circles of batter.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes (mine came out perfect at 10 minutes-and that's each and every trayful!) The cookies are done when no impression is made when you lightly touch the tops.
These come out both "cake-like" and chewy at the same time. Hmmm.
I usually don't make cookies except for bar cookies because I'm very lazy about hanging around for 10 minutes waiting for a batch to be done...but these are worth it :) 4 dozen cookies to 6 cookies in 1 1/2 days! (and only 3 of us at home!)