Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Baby quilts

I finished the two baby quilts for my new granddaughters before I got on the plane...even the bindings were finished!

I've been wanting to make a coins quilt since I've been seeing them around the blogs...my coins come in all different denominations-some fat, some thin! I quilted it with an automatic stitch on my machine that makes wavy lines in a grid pattern.
I love how it came out...crinkly and it was really quick to machine quilt.

Here's the second quilt:

I added the side borders because my blocks used pieces that I had already cut at 5" so the blocks came out a little smaller than in the pattern. I'm really pleased with it. To see the original and get the pattern (very cute, quick and easy!) go here. Thanks Jaimie!

I quilted it too with the same wavy lines but just vertical parallel lines for this quilt. So fast and easy with my walking foot! Both quilts were finished in less than a week!

LOL! I'm such an old granny...there was no pink in the quilt so I just had to use a pink binding.

Here's the back of the coin quilt-little baby foot prints.
Butterflies here.
And here's Mika under her coin quilt....
and Ella under hers.
I'm linking to Finished for Friday at Lit and Laundry and Sew and Tell at Amylouwho.

15 comments:

Coloradolady said...

What sweet precious gifts from Heaven. Your quilts are beautiful, I love the colors. Great job.

beth said...

Lovely quilts for those precious little babies! I bet you're a happy grandma! ;)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Lovely quilts and beautiful babies!! How lucky you are to be visiting now and you will be there for almost a year aren't you? I want to make a coin quilt also - scrappy - I have to use up some of these scraps.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Lee D said...

adorable babies and the quilts are too. congrats Grandma

Susan said...

Oh, Miri, what precious granddaughters you have! The quilts are lovely too and I love the wavy stitch.

Barb said...

Your quilts turned out so adorable and those little ones are sooo precious...lucky you!! Enjoy your time with them.

Paulette said...

They're gorgeous! And your quilts are beautiful too! ;) I love the fabrics you used and that each quilt has a different personality. The wavy quilting is really nice.

Jan said...

So cute & I love that squiggly quilting!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oh, Miri, they are both just adorable - the quilts and the babies! LOL And I like that quilting, too.

Roslyn said...

Oh I love them Miri & the sweetness they cover too! What fun you get to visit & cuddle.
I have been planning a coin quilt too, it's on my list.........

jan said...

Darling quilts and precious babies! A perfect combination!

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

wao..its really wonderful,baby is so lucky to have a quilt by you..& no doubt to have you as well..hmmm

The Single Nester said...

You have such an eye for detail! And patience! I love the quilt that Emma has - all of those blues and greens . . .

Abby and Stephanie said...

Cute quilts for such sweet little ones!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

How lovely to see a baby tucked in with a lovely new made-with-love quilt. Beautiful grandbaby.