I've finished sewing all the blocks for the log cabin quilt...now its time to think about the setting. I've had an idea in my head from the beginning to use sashing (like I did with the vintage log cabin quilt blocks). I like this-its bright, I can see a pattern formed by the log cabin blocks and yet each block stands out a little separately too.
Here are two of the embroidery blocks from my embroidered summer spread which ended up being a duvet cover. These are from my vintage Aunt Martha's -I used the Pharaoh's daughter's maid and not the whole block. I love her "look". This is one of the first blocks I embroidered-at first I was going to use just one color floss but by the time I got to the grass on this block I changed my mind-so its blue with green and blue grass!