Sunday, September 19, 2010

Punch needle progress

We've been really busy around here...with end of summer guests, the Jewish holidays (still more to come) and some outside work on the house-so busy in fact that I haven't been blogging much. I have to apologize too for not visiting as much as usual but besides the general busyness, our cable company cancelled ESPN so DH got a subscription to MLB.com and we hook up my little netbook to the TV so he can watch sitting comfortably on the sofa. Now I used to visit blogs while he watched baseball (companions on the sofa :)...see my problem.

I haven't done much sewing either but I did manage to finish the second punch needle block-you can see how wrinkled it is from the hoop...
and a third block!
I've just started a fourth block but I'm going to run out of the green so its off to the store...I'll probably just punch needle the colors in and then get to the store!

Its cooled off a lot here (only in the 90s!) so I'm hoping to get into my sewing room this week...lots of ideas backing up!

9 comments:

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Isn't that the way of it - just when you get it all figured out, the rules change. Do I see another computer in your future?
Those punchneedle blocks are looking good. I've never tried that.

Micki said...

I love your punchneedle blocks!
Micki

Barb said...

I have never seen needle punch used for quilting....I must be out of the loop...just love the blocks!

Paulette said...

I love these, but absolutely adore that third block, in particular.

I've been too busy with work this past week to make the usual rounds too, but we can't really worry about those things too much; they happen.

Gee, I wish our cable company would cancel ESPN and give me something more interesting instead! :)

Heather said...

Those needle punch blocks are looking so nice. will be looking forward to block 4.

Diann said...

Your punch needle blocks look wonderful! I have never tried this before but have always liked the look of them!

Roslyn said...

It was 111degrees in Phx. yesterday but we are visiting in New England & Boston is quite chilly!

Wendy said...

They look fantastic. I'm not familiar with "needlepunch" - is it a US term or just something that's passed me by?? Could we possibly have a close up photo as I'd love to see how you make those stitches.

trish said...

oh I just love the look of punch needle work and have not tried it yet, for myself. Do you know of any good tutorials that could get me going in the right direction? Your blocks are so pretty! I especially love the red flower. :o)