Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Its been a month since my last post!

I can't believe its been a month since my last post...everything has been fine here just busy, busy, busy with work, holidays, kids and grandkids visiting (We all had fun at the playground :),



and allergies and the one thing that I couldn't keep up with was my usual computer time. 


Before things got so crazy, I finished hand quilting the double wedding ring quilt and took it off the frame...but I haven't done anything about finishing the edge yet. I'm thinking I'll first try doing the binding from the back (I left enough fabric all around when I put it in the frame).






I did a little embroidery as a sample for the Redwork Club-we had a special project this month-kitchenalia-as some club members knew they would be too busy to come because of the Passover holiday and  I didn't want them to miss a month of the mystery quilt. 


I have been visiting around when I could get a few minutes on the computer-I'm hoping to do a lot more visiting now that things have calmed down :) and maybe even comment!

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I had been wondering where you were :) looks like grandkids are a good excuse from blogging when you do not get to see them every day!
Karen

Heather said...

Good to hear from you. Family visiting always takes precedent over blogging time.

The wedding ring quilt is lovely. I really like the motif you used in the white ovals. Very unique. I am planning the quilting for a project. It is all borders, or thats how \i am treating them, 2 inch, 4 inch , 8 inch and then the centre is 20 by 32 inches. I am going to try and do it, quilt as you go, as the borders are not sewn to each other yet.

Susan said...

Well, you've been busy of the best kind; your little ladies are so sweet. And lovely finish on your quilt. I bet it feels so good to take that final stitch.