Thursday, August 20, 2020

Finished! Hand Applique and Hand Quilted quilt

 

I've finished the quilt that was in the frame. How this quilt came to be is one of those...oh my gosh I made a mistake and it was a good one. 

Years ago, I made a wedding quilt for my daughter and I divided the quilt into panels so it would be easier to applique..there were 6 panels--2 center panels and four side panels. I had started to applique the second center panel when I realized that it was the bottom panel and I had already finished it! I "immediately" got to work on the top panel of course.

I baste all my applique pieces on and then do the applique so here it was-the repeat bottom panel-all ready to be put in the closet to be finished all on its lonesome someday and that day is today!

I'm linking to Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts.

I'm linking to Can I get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

I'm linking to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathysquilts a link party devoted to all types of hand work from quilting and applique to knitting and embroidery. Stop by and see all the wonderful creations worked on or finished this week.




18 comments:

Paulette said...

It's very pretty, and your hand quilting looks beautiful! Love the bright and happy blooms!

Sarah said...

I agree a very happy quilt!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Beautiful quilt! Very pretty.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

What a great finish!

Bonnie said...

Yea for pulling out a UFO and finishing it. This is a delightful “mistake.”

Little Penpen said...

Oh my! How beautiful!!

Created by Kathi said...

What a great finish..I love a sunshiny yellow quilt too <3

Kathi

Deb A said...

Pretty finish! Love the cheery yellow and pretty stitches.

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations on a lovely finish! That yellow is so pretty and happy looking!

Karrin Hurd said...

Gorgeous quilt! Congratulations on your finish!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great job on that quilt

Kim said...

Your applique quilt is a beauty! It reminds me of the beautiful quilts of the 1930's. Love all the diagonal hand quilting; it adds gorgeous texture. A most beautiful finish!

Wendy F said...

What a stunning quilt! So many beautiful stitches in the applique and quilting.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Congratulations on your finish - it is so pretty! Sweet flowers and cheerful yellow sashing - such a fun combination!

Miaismine said...

Congratulations on such a lovely finish! It's cheerful and fun! Such a significant finish! Congratulations!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a beautiful quilt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

A beautiful oops! Congratulations on your finish.

Snowcatcher said...

What a beautiful quilt! I admire you for doing all that gorgeous handwork!