Sunday, May 3, 2009

Quilt back, links and the last of the wild flowers


While looking at all the wonderful quilts during the Bloggers Quilt Festival I found a great pattern for the back of my Disappearing 9 Patch quilt here on Valori Wells blog. I had been thinking of doing a pieced back so I was really glad to find this. I changed it a little because the pattern is for a larger quilt and I added in bits and pieces I had left from a different 9-patch project. After I took this picture this morning, I got right to it and the quilt is basted!
I've joined my first swap and I'm very excited! Its called Spring Blossoms Mini Quilt Swap and its hosted by Michele from the Quilting Gallery.
I've also found the Shabby Rose BOM. This BOM combines two of my favorite things: applique and embroidery. I'm a little late getting started, Block 3 was just posted, but I'll catch up. I know exactly how I want to use the blocks from this BOM...I've been thinking of doing a shabby chic style disappearing 9 patch as a summer quilt for the guest room and I'll just sprinkle these in!
The weather has changed again, its been very warm but not at all sunny- kind of weird.
This is the last of the wildflowers (I know I haven't been very good about taking pictures) and the last of the green. The hills are all turning brown and that's it until next winter.

Here you can see a last stand of flowers surrounded by brown (except for the bushes and the olive tree.)




4 comments:

Neabear said...

The hills will be turning brown around here too. But right now we are having some unusual May rain. Rained on Friday, Saturday and now it is still raining today. It is supposed to continue for a few more days. At least our resevoirs and lakes around here are getting water. And everything is getting watered. Looking forward to seeing your quilt finished. Looks great so far.

Micki said...

The BOM that you got involved in now is wonderful. I think that I will get into it too.
Have fun with it all!
Micki

Eileen said...

I've been seeing a lot of the Shabby Rose blocks here and there now.. they do look like fun.
Your quilt looks great! I love these scappy mixed up ones.

So now it just gets hot and dry? We are having rain rain rain and can't keep up with the grass. it is growing so fast. I love those purple flowers.

YankeeQuilter said...

I just started block one of the shabby roses BOM so you aren't the only one at the gate! Love the back you pieced for your disappearing 9-patch!