It was alot of fun...there really was no pattern to follow, I just counted the bottom row of yo-yos, appliqued them in place and then subtracted and later added to the length of each row to create the basket shape. I laid out the handle yo-yos and then I basted them in place (only basting I did ;) I added the stems, (I had an oops there-I'd appliqued all of the top row of yo-yos so I had to open the ones I wanted the stems to go under and then re-applique them), then the flowers and then the leaves-sliding them under the basted handle as need be. Then I finally appliqued the handle on.
Remember when I had all that computer trouble: this quilt is the silver lining. I had plenty of time for doing my own hand work since I couldn't go looking at all the wonderful work being done elsewhere. (BTW, it happened again this week-end! but this time the cable company finally sent a repairman so I hope that is finally done with!)
Here's a close up of the yo-yos. They're 5/8" in circumference...1/2" just didn't look as good. You can see I used lots of 30s repros.
Here's a close-up of the hand-quilting. I used the little birds from the love birds heart that I designed for the wedding quilt.
Stop off at Mindy's blog and check out her beautiful applique quilt Fleur Pastelles.