Saturday, February 28, 2009

Quilting This and That

I've been so enchanted by the applique blocks that Susan has been doing, that I decided to do the BOM from Bunny Hill Designs also. This is the February block, all basted and ready for me to applique. This is the January block, finished! I was really ready to do a bit of hand applique again and this project is perfect: the blocks are small, cute and perfect for picking up in spare moments and doing a little hand sewing.
I also sewed up some wonky stars ( a first for me) to send to Tia. She is so generously hosting a project to collect blocks and sew them into quilts for Australian Bushfire sufferers.

These are ok but I think I need to work on my wonkiness!

5 comments:

Micki said...

Boy, you have been busy. I love the applique...I will tend to do it with hand applique, but lately, I have also used my machine. Great job!
Micki

Julia said...

Looks great. Miri..
Yours is so different to others i have seen. love it!
Julia ♥

Susan said...

Miri, LOVE the bright colors. You have made it your own. January's block is perfect. Are you going to post them in the Fickr group? you should.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just beautiful work..just love what you can do...thanks for sharing Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Anonymous said...

I love your wonky stars, Miri!!..i've made a few as well which i'm going to pop on my blog today & then post them off to Tia :)