Thursday, April 1, 2010

Allergies???

No allergies for me this year! No tears running down my face, no sneezing 16 times in a row, no allergy triggered asthma-no, not for me!

APRIL FOOLS!

I wish it was true but instead I went to the doctor this morning and she's given me a shot of steroids (does this mean I can hit a baseball farther than anyone else?) and she's increased the dosage of the antihistamine I take. Lets hope this works and I can get my life back. I haven't even visited my blogging friends because I can't really read through my "veil of tears".

The guests are still coming...DH made a lovely roast lamb dinner last night and tonight we all went out to a restaurant. At least I can enjoy the good company and conversation of friends, even if they keep calling "Poor dear!".

Wishing everyone a Happy Passover, Happy Easter or Happy Spring.

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope you have a happy passover. It is just Mike and I for Easter this year so we aren't doing anything special.
I know what you mean about allergies - we both have trouble with allergies almost year round and this spring is a bad one!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

GardenOfDaisies said...

Allergies can just make me miserable. My kick in during the fall.

Julia said...

I hope your Ok now Miri...I'm allergic to a certain native wild flower here...
Have a lovely Easter..

Ulla said...

As a mother of two and wife of one allergic I can imagine what you are going through. My secret is to start the antihistamines about a week before the expected pollen season. At the worst time they need to wash their faces and hair when coming in. I hope the new medication works. Don't participate in any official sport events! ;-)

Micki said...

Get well soon and hope you are feeling better.
Micki

Mim said...

ug - allergies. I know mine will hit soon and I dread it.
I heard a piece on NPR about a guy who was terribly allergic, but did research into people with hookworm who do not have allergies. He gave himself hoodworm, the allergies went away and now he has a business selling hookworm as an allergy treatment. Sounds disgusting to me but it appears that there is some science behind it.
I'll stay with the antihistamines!!!

Unknown said...

Hi,

You have a nice blog. I just thought of mentioning about this website www.dustmitesallergies.org. They seem to offer specialized advice of dust mite allergy.