Saturday, April 24, 2010

Some thoughts (and links) off the top of my head

1. How do you spell dilemma/dilemna? Check out these discussions ( here and here) if you've ever wondered about this. I mentioned this to DH..."Hey this is a technical word in my world," said the retired Philsophy professor, "its dilemma. Check Spinoza."



2. Have you visited Needlework News? Its a great site with lots of fun and instructional projects-sort of a clearinghouse of links to what's happening in the on-line needle world. I found it through Patty at Pip Stitch (also a great place for fun crafty projects and links).

3. Have you ever wanted to work at a fashion magazine? Yearned to compose a fashion photo collage with shoes, pants, jacket and even sunglasses? Well, check out this fun site, Polyvore. You don't need to be a member-just get started making your collage using the items on the right! (You do need to join to save or send your collage.) Check out the blog to view other peoples collages and for contests, etc.

4. Polyvore gives alot of the same fun as dressing paper dolls and for paper dolls--check out the Dover Books page for a great collection of paper dolls. There's everything from Shirley Temple paper dolls to Pride and Prejudice paper dolls to Brides from Around the World...what fun!

Well, I think that exhausts my brain for today. Have fun!

7 comments:

Ulla said...

Great links! I think the different spelling of words may have something to do with the training of the teachers.

Micki said...

I loved the links and thank you!
Micki

Amanda Lee said...

I'm more of a dilemna girl. I hate that spell checkers are going to be homogenizing the way we spell, the way television has homogenized our accents and universities have homogenized our world views. And, I'm learning to ignore the squiggly red line. For instance, I absolutely refuse to capitalize the word "realtor".

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Hi Miri! Thanks for your visit today. Have a great weekend...Julian

Rosalyn Manesse said...

very interesting

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Thanks for visiting the cottage and commenting on my flea market finds.

I'll be sharing many more of my favorite shopping spots and what I find there, so stay tuned.

Be sure to come by for a visit and enter my newest giveaway!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.