Monday, January 9, 2012

A bit of the mystery revealed and more embroidery blocks

Here's a bit of the mystery revealed.

I started piecing the mystery quilt.  This is the basic unit of the mystery quilt and I sewed 96 of them...48 are for around the embroidery blocks and the other 48? well, their role is still hidden.
Anyone good with flowers-is this sweetpea?
 This one I know-pomegranate. It grows everywhere here.

I'm really having fun with these stitcheries-mixing up stem stitch and back stitch is creating a nnice texture that I like and the french knots in the flower centers is helping. The stem stitch sticks up a bit from the background while the back stitch lies totally flat. 

You can see that I did all the fruits in back stitch while the flowers are stem stitch.
The Redwork Club is really having fun with these too.
I'm just getting used to the new Blogger interface-just when I got good with the old in comes the new to force me to learn. (I say force because I didn't make the switch until Google pretty much disabled the old :) 
This is what's on my design wall...not much I admit! I'm linking to Design Wall Monday at 
Patchwork will not believe all the work being shown this week so hop on over for tons of eye candy and inspiration.


Paula, the quilter said...

The first one is Morning Glory. It has trumpet shaped flowers and heart shaped leaves.

Rhonda said...

Great stitch work. I like the setting of the blocks on point.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is just lovely! And I love your work with the plaids, too - took a browse.

Barb said...

I love your blocks!!!

beth said...

The prints surrounding the embroidered blocks is perfecto!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Really pretty, Miri, all of them. Can't wait to see more!

Cathy Tomm said...

These are amazing little blocks. They are so sweet and soft looking. It will be a great quilt. Thanks for stopping by my Blog and leaving a comment today.