Sunday, December 7, 2008

Black and White Quilt Challenge






I'm very excited-I just joined the Black and White Quilt Challenge hosted by Jackie. I found out about the challenge when Eileen posted about it.


This is going to be a bit more of a "challenge" than I expected-this is the rather paltry state of my black and white stash. I always thought I had alot of b&w fabrics until I went to collect them all. Many of my "b&w" fabrics I discovered have another color or several other colors there -just the black is rather predominant. The challenge does allow for another color but I think I want to add that separately. So now I am going to be "challenged" to buy b&w fabrics! I do have lots of white :)


This is a year long challenge but lots of people are already in full swing and you can see what's happening here.


















3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Very nice site - interesting quilts that you and like the story of your oven.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Susan said...

I saw that challenge and maybe I'll...

There are many black and white fabrics out there right now.

Eileen said...

yippee! So glad you're hopping on board!
I discovered the same thing. A lot of what I thought was black and white had red in it. And I don't think I want to use red as my third color. So I did go buy a piece or two. Good thing we have a whole year! Your stack of stuff is looking pretty good so far.