Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Poppy Applique quilt update

Things are slowly getting back to normal around here. There's something about school starting (even though my kids are way past school starting age) that says to me-summer's over.
Even with the kids here, all the other guests, the commission quilt, etc. I've found time to work on the poppy applique quilt...a very little bit each time but it does add up and hand applique really does relax me. I've finished all the stems and I'm now working on the center leaves.
Something is a little wonky there but I'm not going to redo it. (I say that with a very "in your face" to myself! :) I really do need to think of it as a natural leaf cluster.
I've been busy this week finishing up the rest of my class samples-one more is already at the shop as it was exhibited in a show at the neighboring gallery.
We're going to drop them off tomorrow and then head over to the beach! See summer really isn't over yet!
If you like give-aways, I've stumbled across a site that lists fabric give-aways-you can enter there and there are also links to the give-awayers so even if you don't like to enter, you can discover new shops and bloggy places to "hang out". Its called Needle Little Inspiration.


5 comments:

Susan said...

Miri, it's so nice to see you blogging again. I love what you are making. Don't tell anyone, but I think we have at least 9 months of summer here in Israel. I do miss Autumn though. I'm a real Autmn girl.
Wish I lived closer to the Quilt Center so I could go to some of your classes.
Are you going to Pissott for the Sukkot get-together?

Karen said...

Certainly does look like poppies. Love the colors.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the poppies! they are so bright and colorful!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Bea said...

It's a good thing Mother Nature never listens to "wonky". She does her thing. I think it's beautiful and trust me I had to look and look and still didn't see what was wonky. :)Bea

PS. Maybe you need to look at it again from a galloping horse? Yes? :)

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I LIKE your applique, Miri! I think it's pretty, and it looks natural, too. We are all too hard on ourselves, I guess because we can hear those voices in our heads pointing out our every mistake. :)