Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Quilt Center and the Beach

On Thursday we went as planned to drop off the class samples at the shop where I teach and I thought you might like a peak at my " local" quilt shop! Local is in quotes because its a 45 minute drive and I cross the country from east to west to the shop-The Quilt Center.

Its in an old little house and when you walk in the door-you're right in the kitchen!-a great place for students to meet and for everyone to have a cup of coffee and a cookie, look over the class samples and the wonderful assortment of threads and silk ribbons! Classes aren't on now so its being used for a little bit of storage-the cardboard fruit boxes are filled with fat quarters! This is one of the two rooms filled with fabric, tools and books.
This is the classroom-now being put to use organizing the latest shipment of fabric-there's lots more out of camera range.
Oops, I forgot to take a picture of the fabrics that I bought...yes, I couldn't control myself-I'll share later.
Then it was off to the beach! We always go to the same beach-Banana Beach at Achziv-its just north of Nahariya.
There's a nice restaurant-I love their frozen ice coffee...
right next door is Club Med Israel-its those buildings on the rise with the tall palm trees.
Its was a beautiful day...and the water was great!


Here's my sweety enjoying the late afternoon sun...it was getting a bit cooler but we just couldn't leave...










5 comments:

Coloradolady said...

Miri, I just read a post on another blog about a new class starting being taught by Miri, I wondered if that was you...now I know it is!! I so wished I was able to take that class. How fun that would be to be able to take a wonderful class by a friend. You are very talented and I know who ever signs up will be so glad. Your quilt shop looks amazing and a friendly charming atmosphere.

Bea said...

Thanks for the peek inside the classroom. What fun. I can't wait for some pictures of all the people having a good time there.
The beach looked lovely and I wouldn't want to leave it either.
OOOooooooh, I went to a quilt show the other day and posted a link to an album with some pictures I took. I thought you might enjoy seeing some of them. :)Bea
http://dog-in-the-hole-studio.blogspot.com//

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Absolutely beautiful scenery! (...outside... and in that quilt shop :o)

How wonderful to be able to enjoy the day!

Blessings & Aloha!

(thank you sooo much for stopping by and commenting!... I have not been able to keep up with my blog reading, since I've been called in to do more fill in hygiene work.)

Carrie P. said...

Beautiful shop and and beautiful beach.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what wonderful photos' - love seeing how quilt shops look in other countries :) also the other photos are great too.,